Skip to Content

Student Travel

As funds are available, the Department of English provides partial funding to graduate students who travel to read scholarly papers or creative works or, on rare occasions, for university business. Funding can be requested for up to two professional conferences per academic year. 

To request funding from the department, students must complete the Graduate Student Travel Fund Request form (dated 12/9/14 or later) available in Flowers Hall 365 or online. Students use the same form to submit also a request for partial reimbursement (as available) to the College of Liberal Arts and the Graduate College.  Students who submit this form must consult with the department’s administrative assistant in charge of travel funding to learn additional information about travel policies and documents required for reimbursement.

For information about the Graduate College’s contribution and a link to the Travel Fund Request form, go to