Event Funding Information
The purpose of this checklist is to enable faculty to coordinate special events and to provide the necessary documents to process payments. If you have any questions, please email the Budget Assistant.
- Advise Department Chair of the event for approval.
- Contact Associate Chair to schedule the event date and location in the Departmental events list.
- Send the Budget Assistant a list of all funding sources. Please include the department name, amount they will be contributing, and the point of contact in that department.
- Forward the email showing the contribution approval from each department to Budget Assistant with the name of the event included in the subject line.
- If Equity and Access is funding part of your event, forward the approval email to the Budget Assistant and the Department Chair showing the funded program account number and amount.
- Within 30 days of the event, compile a list of people and businesses who will be receiving payment from Texas State University during this event. They will need to be set up as a vendor in the Texas State purchasing system to receive payment. This includes hotels, restaurants/ caterers, and promotional items. If they are existing vendors, please have them send all final invoices to the Budget Assistant for payment.
- If they will be new vendors, please have them fill out the vendor maintenance request form and send back to the Budget Assistant for processing as soon as possible. Please click here to access the vendor maintenance request form.
- All guest speakers who are being paid a stipend will need to be set up as a vendor first and then will need to sign the following two forms under “Contractor Signature”:
- Bring signed forms to the Budget Assistant to complete. Payments will be made to guest speakers within 30 days of signing the forms.
- If guest speakers and other visitors will be staying over night for the event, email the Budget Assistant and she will reserve the hotel room.
- In your email, please include the name of the visitor, the hotel you would like to use, and the date(s) they will be staying.
- If approved by the Department Chair, we can also reimburse guests for their airfare at the coach rate and other travel expenses. Please advise the guest to email their airfare receipt to the Budget Assistant for processing. The receipt needs to show the airfare itinerary and the last four digits of the credit card number used to purchase the tickets.
- If your event requires catering, please advise the Budget Assistant of the date, time, location, the number of guests that will be attending, and your preferred caterer so that a reservation can be made at least 30 days in advance. Please click here for a list of approved caterers in the area.
- The Budget Assistant will send you the final menu for approval once it is available. You can make changes as needed.
- Please send all invoices for your event to the Budget Assistant for payment.
- If a vendor or restaurant does not accept purchase orders as payment and it is at least 72 hours before you need to make a purchase, please see the Administrative Assistant III to fill out a P-Card waiver. Once the waiver is approved, you can use the P-Card for the purchase instead of personal funds. P-Card waivers must be submitted at least 72 hours in advance and will only be approved if it is for a business purpose and the vendor does not accept purchase orders.
- If a vendor will not accept a purchase order as payment and you must pay for an allowed expense using personal funds, bring the receipt to the Budget Assistant and you will be reimbursed for any business meals or expenses you incurred during the event. Please review the UPPS on business meals here prior to making the purchase to ensure it is a reimbursable expense.