Texas State in Ireland
Tentative Program Dates:
July 8 - August 12, 2017
Five weeks in Ireland, living in Cork, the historical heart of Ireland. Blarney Castle, the coast, the Ring of Kerry and the Port of Cobh are all nearby. Your trip includes paid excursions to sites such as the Gougane Barra Forest, the Aran Islands, Dublin, and Barryscourt Castle (exact excursions are subject to change).
You will also receive 6 hours of University Credit!
Estimated Cost: $3,895
Program cost includes:
- A deposit of $500 is due with the application by February 13, 2015.
- The balance is due by April 1, 2015.
- Scholarships of up to $1500 are available to eligible Texas State students.
- Space is limited to 15 participants. Special consideration will be given to Early Applicants!
Participants may lose all or part of the deposit or total payment made if cancellation occurs! Refund rates are as follows: prior to March 2, 2015, 100% (less a $200 application fee); March 2-April 1, 2015, 50%; after April 1, 2015, 0% of total payments.
- Room for five weeks in Cork City.
- All in-country transfers (airfare to and from Ireland is not included)
- Tuition and Academic fees for 6 hours of university credit.
- Housing is in single rooms in apartments with full kitchens at the University College Cork, in the new University Hall apartments (inexpensive meals are available in the cafeteria on campus as well). Meals, laundry charges (except linen), incidental expenses, books, insurance, and independent travel are not included in the basic fees.
- Selected Planned Excursions to: Gougane Barra Forest Park, the Aran Islands, Dublin, and Barryscourt Castle.
- English 3311: Advanced Writing - Travel Writing
- English 3341: Studies in World Literature - Irish Culture and Literature
- English 5323: Studies in Autobiography and Biography - Irish Literature
- English 5395: Problems in Language and Literature - Travel Writing
For more information contact:
Steve Wilson, Director
TXState in Ireland
Department of English
Texas State University-San Marcos
Or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org